2008 was a long, rough, emotional, stressful, educational year for me. I am more than happy to see 2009 begin. I am not wishing that 2008 never happened, because I learned so much and grew in many, many ways. Here are a few things that I learned in 2008.
1. Whenever the Lord closes a door, He always opens a window.
After being removed from my coaching assignments I started a search for a new job. The perfect job literally fell in my lap. A call from someone I hadn't heard from in years, moving through the application and interview process at record speed, my dream job offered to me, all within a matter of 2 weeks.
2. Trials are to prepare us for what lies ahead.
It has been said: "What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger." Well, I am still here!
3. Prayers are answered in the Lord's timing & in His own way.
No matter what we think is best, the Lord KNOWS what is best for us in our individual circumstances. Sometimes what we WANT is not what the Lord has planned for our lives. Then comes the hard part of submitting our will to His, a long process in my case.
4. The Lord is mindful of ALL my needs.
It is awesome to realize that the Lord really does provide for us. When it seems like there is no way things are going to work out, suddenly something happens to pave the way for us to accomplish it. As long as we are true and faithful, He will take care of us as He sees fit.
5. The Principle of Compensation
Although I haven't seen this principle fulfilled in my life yet, I have faith in the promises of our Heavenly Father. " The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude."
6.I have a long way to go & a lot of things to accomplish.
Life is full of so many trials, bumps, and opportunities. I have a lot to do to prepare myself for the day that I will meet my Father in Heaven.
I am truly grateful for the things I have learned and the experiences I have gone through. They have made me stronger, helped me rely more on my Heavenly Father, and helped me to know more about myself.
8 years ago

1 comment:
It has been quite the year for you. I'm so glad you have the new job and have started on your next adventure of an MBA. Yet another oppotunity to learn eh? ;)
Post a Comment