Sunday
After driving 1800+ miles over the weekend I hit a deer with my car just outside of Tremonton, UT. That is right, I was less than an hour from home and hit a deer.
My parents came and picked me up, we sent my car to the shop in Brigham, and I went home frustrated and very tired.
Final Score Rachel-1 Bambi-0
Outside of Portland there is a beautiful waterfall, called Multnomah Falls, right by the Interstate. I couldn't help but stop and take a picture or two.
The 11-hour trip home was a wonderful time for me to do some thinking, pondering, and reflection. I think I spent 2-3 hours of the time riding in silence and having a good hour-long heart-to-heart with my Heavenly Father. I am grateful that I turned off the radio and took the opportunity to feel the Spirit.
Saturday
Sunset over a bridge along the Wilamette River.
Sunset over a bridge along the Wilamette River.
Since I found myself with a little extra time I made sure to stop by and see the Seattle, Washington Temple. I wish I would have had some time to do an endowment session.
This is Imri Larsen and me at a kaiten sushi restaurant in Seattle. Imri and I served in the same area, Yamato-Kouriyama, for 6 months. He lives up in Seattle and is going to the University of Washington.
The Space Needle
Pike's Place Public Market-I saw the famous "Fish Throwers" at Pike's Place Fish Market, bought some fun souvenirs, just walked around and enjoyed the atmosphere, and on Amanda's suggestion (thanks babe) I bought myself some gorgeous flowers.
I spent the entire day with my Dad's Cousin, Larry. We did some sight-seeing and went out to dinner for some delicious, fresh seafood. Yummy!!!
We went to the Japanese Garden, which reminded me of Japan quite a bit.
We also went to the International Rose Test Garden. Portland is, afterall, the City of Roses.
This is Larry.
THIS is Larry's replica 1934 Mercedes Roadster. He built it from a kit over the period of a few years. It is a beautiful car and was very fun to drive. He pulled it out of the garage and I went to get in the passenger side, to which he responded, "You drive, I'll navigate." I've never driven a car that nice. When we pulled into NikeTown a man said, "That is the most beautiful thing I have seen in a long time." The sarcastic side of me wanted to reply, "The car isn't so bad, either." But, I stopped myself!
Thursday
This is the Portland, Oregon temple.
Thursday
I spent the day with Ariana's family, friends, etc. with the wedding stuff. Ariana and I were mission companions in Yamato-Kouriyama, Japan for 4 1/2 months. The sealing was beautiful and I am extremely grateful I was able to be there to support Ariana and Gabriel. After the wedding we took pictures outside of the temple and then headed to a nearby park for lunch. The evening was spent helping out with the reception, most of the time in the kitchen getting food, etc. prepared. I'm so glad that I took the time to go to Portland to be there for this wonderful occasion. Thanks for the invitation, love you guys!
Wednesday
I got out of my college class at 11:30, went and picked up the cross-stitch I was having framed, loaded up the car and set out on the 11-hour car trip to Portland, Oregon
This was a wonderful trip and I am happy I did it, even if I did hit a deer and had to be without a car for 10 days!

4 comments:
Oh man, ten days without a car, not fun. I'm glad you were okay though. It looks like a great trip and in true Rachel travel fashion, you packed in a ton in the few days you were there. I love the pic of you in the car, very cute.
That looks like a rockin trip. I'm glad you're okay after the deer incident.
And fresh sushi in Seattle? DI. VINE. i'm officially jealous
What a trip! You didn't tell me about the sweet roadster- it suits you! I hope all is well. The count down is on- are you ready to go back to school??? This summer went too dang fast. Whelp, hopefully I'll get to see you sometime soon! adios
Wow, that car is something else! Now I can see why you enjoyed driving it so much!!!
I'm glad you had a fun time, and I'm glad taht the final score was Rachel 1, Bambi 0 instead of another outcome!!!
Post a Comment