Friday, January 16, 2009

Sometimes it is just hard to buckle down and do your homework!

Okay, so it has been a while since I have been the student and had to do homework and some days I just don't feel like doing it. I can always find something else I would rather be doing and lately too much of that has been found on the television.


Here are a few of the reasons I don't want to do my homework:


MONK: Friday nights at 10:00 p.m. on USA

Adrian Monk is an Obsessive-Compulsive Detective that used to work for the San Francisco Police Department. He works on cases as requested and his goal is to get back on the force. Monk is scared of everything, yet he is a brilliant detective.


It is a really clean show and I never miss an episode.


Psych: Friday nights at 11:00 p.m. on USA


Shawn Spencer was raised by a family of cops. All of his life he has been groomed to become a detective, but because of a rift between his father he never became one. He has been blessed with uncanny observation skills. When he was young he would call in anonymous tips to help out with big cases.


Now that he is grown Shawn has teamed with his childhood friend Burton Guster ("Gus") to open a Psychic Detective agency. Posing as real psychics they are hired by the Santa Barbara Police Department as consultants on many weird, interesting, abnormal cases. Using Shawn's observation skills they fake their way as psychics and solve many a crime.


Another fun one that is pretty clean. Hey, I watch Monk every week, so I may as well catch Psych afterwards!




Ugly Betty: Thursday evenings at 7:00 p.m., ABC




Okay, so I don't know why I started watching this one. I think I was just bored one Thursday evening. I watch it if I am home, but don't panic if I miss an episode.


Gilmore Girls: Weeknights at 6:00 p.m. on ABC Family


This one I blame on Amanda, 100%. Casually she mentioned that I should watch Gilmore Girls, I put it off for a while, but this week when I was sick I found myself watching it every evening. Now I just need to track down those DVD's so I can catch up!


Jeopardy: Weeknights, 7:30 p.m. on KJZZ


This is just me getting a little bit of education every evening. I love learning new things, and interesting facts just make this show that much more enjoyable to me. I have been watching for years and the only complaint I have is that they ask too many questions about France and French as compared to other countries or languages. (Guess it helps that the host is French-Canadian, eh.)

4 comments:

Beckye said...

We watch Monk and Psych every Friday! Love it!! ;)

Amanda said...

I will take full responsibility for Gilmore Girls. I'm not ashamed. I watched the whole series in 2 1/2 months. Love them!

Lori said...

so how far along are you in GG? I like that I'm responsible for directly effecting both you and Amanda's GG life. it's fabulous, isn't it?

Nichols said...

I'm glad I invited you to my lame blog so I could read your awesome one!! Thanks for sharing!! I don't have much to say about TV--mine is mostly Sesame Street and Curious George. But I love ya and hope to see you soon!!!