
The election season has settled down and yet we are still in a panic over who was elected and what is going to happen to America as we know it. I am of the opinion that I don't care who you voted for or what political party you affiliate with, America has selected it's new president and it is now our duty to support and give our respect to the office of the President. This is the leader of our country, whether you like it or not. You can live in gloom and doom or have a positive outlook because we live in the GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD. Now we all need to work to keep it this way.
I received this forward from a coworker and I thought it made a great point, so I will share it here.
545 People
By: Charlie Reese
"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.
Have you ever wondered why, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?
Have you ever wondered why, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?
You and I don't propose a Federal budget. The President does.
You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.
You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.
You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.
You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.
One hundred Senators, 435 Congressmen, 1 President, and 9 Supreme Court Justices: 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.
I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated it's Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.
I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a president to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promisies, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.
Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.
What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. For instance, no "normal human being" would have the gall of the Speaker of the House to stand up and criticize a current President for creating deficits. The President can only propose a budget. he cannot force Congress to accept it.
The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the Speaker of the House? The leader of the majority party. He/She and fellow House Members, not the President, can approve any budget they want. If the President vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to do so.
It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million can not replace 545 people who stand convicted--by present facts--of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.
If the tax code is unfair, it is because they made it unfair.
If the budget is in the red, it is because they put it in the red.
Thare are no insoluble government problems."
He goes on a little more, but you get the idea. It is our responsibility to select those that represent our values, beliefs, and standards.
(Is this posting really this long?)
I received this forward from a coworker and I thought it made a great point, so I will share it here.
545 People
By: Charlie Reese
"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.
Have you ever wondered why, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?
Have you ever wondered why, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?
You and I don't propose a Federal budget. The President does.
You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.
You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.
You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.
You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.
One hundred Senators, 435 Congressmen, 1 President, and 9 Supreme Court Justices: 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.
I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated it's Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.
I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a president to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promisies, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.
Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.
What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. For instance, no "normal human being" would have the gall of the Speaker of the House to stand up and criticize a current President for creating deficits. The President can only propose a budget. he cannot force Congress to accept it.
The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the Speaker of the House? The leader of the majority party. He/She and fellow House Members, not the President, can approve any budget they want. If the President vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to do so.
It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million can not replace 545 people who stand convicted--by present facts--of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.
If the tax code is unfair, it is because they made it unfair.
If the budget is in the red, it is because they put it in the red.
Thare are no insoluble government problems."
He goes on a little more, but you get the idea. It is our responsibility to select those that represent our values, beliefs, and standards.
(Is this posting really this long?)

2 comments:
Rachel, Yes Reeses are the best and welcome to the blogging world... for what it's worth ofcourse
Post a Comment