I figure that this is the perfect time for me to let all of you know what I am truly grateful for in my life. This wonderful Thanksgiving Season reminds me of all of the many wonderful blessings I have received in my life.
¯ The Gospel of Jesus Christ: The Gospel of Jesus Christ and it’s teachings bring me such hope and strength, especially in this troubled world in which we are living. Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ paid the ultimate sacrifice so that each one of us may return to our Heavenly Father’s presence, if we will live worthy of that blessing. The Gospel truly is the “good news” that is here on the earth today. At times of turmoil and strife I am so thankful to have a solid foundation on which I may build my life. The Gospel has taught me that I am able to live with my family throughout all eternity through the sealing power. I cherish the privilege that is mine to attend the Temple, the “Lord’s University” to serve my kindred dead. I know that I am definitely not perfect but that I should always strive to become a better individual and more like my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

¯ Family: My family is amazing. I have loving parents that support me in everything that I do. My younger brother is one of my best friends, and I have a great older brother and his wife, too. I am also blessed with grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins that mean so much to me and are such an example and inspiration to me. One cousin in particular that has always been there for me and helped me through some of the bumps in the road of life. She has been a listening ear and always helped me to see that the Lord is involved in the details of our lives. Also, my dear “Other Families” that have always included me as though I were actually a member of their family. Invites to family dinner, activities, etc. Being able to be “Aunt Rachel” to my favorite little guy is just the icing on the cake!
¯ Friends: At this time I am so grateful for all of the wonderful friends that are in my life. Those that have been friends for most of my life and those that I was blessed to get to know this year. At times I am amazed to look back at the things I have gone through with my friends and how grateful I am that they have always been there for me. This year I was able to become friends with some truly amazing people that have deeply touched my life. It never ceases to amaze me that the Lord always places those people in our lives that can help us out at that very point in time. Whether you are a friend that I have known for most of my life, or one that I was able to meet this summer (yet it feels like I’ve known you my entire life), know that I love you and I am so grateful for your friendship. Thank you for your friendship, love, and example. I don’t know what I have done in my life to deserve such wonderful friends, but I am grateful and appreciative for those “Angels” in my life that have been placed along the way to help ease my burdens. Sometimes it has just been someone willing to listen, other times it is a reminder that the Lord is in control and I need to trust Him. Often it is just a gentle nudge to get up and do something for someone else. I just hope and pray that I have been able to have a positive impact in the lives of my dear friends, like you all have been in mine.
¯ Education and Knowledge: I am so grateful for the Education that I have been able to attain in this life and also for the opportunities to continue to learn new things. I am at a point in my life that I feel I need to continue gaining an education, so that is one of my endeavors right now. I know that our education is one of the few things that we will be able to take with us after this life and the prophet is constantly telling us to get all of the education that we can. How grateful I am for counsel from a living prophet that has been called to lead at this specific time in history.
¯ A good job doing what I enjoy: After all that I went through I never imagined that I would find myself in my “dream job” teaching Medical Anatomy. The only thing that is missing would be some coaching on the side. I am so blessed to have a job that I love and enjoy and look forward to every day (even if it does mean that I have to wake up every morning at 5 a.m.)
¯ Free country: What a privilege and a blessing it is to live in the United States of America. I know that this land has been blessed to always remain free as long as it’s people strive to do what is right. I am grateful to be living in this Nation that was founded by men of God who were searching for a place to worship as they pleased. God will watch over this land as long as we are faithful.

¯ Trials: This year I have had a few trials that at the time I thought were more than my fair share, yet now as I look back I realize that each of these trials has served me as an opportunity to become stronger and learn more about myself. I am not going to go into what these trials are; many of you understand what I am speaking of. Through my trials I have been reminded of the fact that the Lord is in control of my life and that I must always trust in Him. I’ve learned that I am strong enough to make it through any obstacle placed in my way. Hindsight has shown me that the outcome of each of these situations has truly been for the best. I’ve learned that I have many things I need to work on to continue to improve myself, and that I have a long way to go. I’ve also been reminded that all things will come to pass in the Lord’s timing, because He will always know what is best for me.

¯ Health and Safety: I am truly grateful for the health and safety that I am afforded each day. To be able to do the things I want to and participate in activities that push me so become stronger. I see so many around me struggle with various health issues and it reminds me that I must be grateful for what I have been given and never take that for granted.
¯ Opportunities to Serve: Once again I was able to serve as a volunteer EFY counselor for four weeks this summer. Many of my coworkers think I am crazy to do that for free, but there is no way I would take any money for what I do. It is such a privilege and blessing to be able to serve the Lord by serving the youth. At EFY this summer I was able to meet some amazing youth and work with some incredible people. I made friendships that I hope and pray will be eternal friendships. I was able to learn so much about myself and the Gospel in those four weeks. I also have been reminiscing about my opportunity to serve a full-time mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to Nagoya, Japan, some 5 years ago. In that short 18 months I was able to draw closer to the Lord, learn the Japanese language, meet so many amazing individuals that I never would have met in this life, made many eternal friends, and learned so much about myself. I look back and realize that so many of the blessings in my life have come from my full-time service for the Lord.

So, to all of you who are reading this, I hope that you will take some time to reflect on what you are grateful for in your lives. Always strive to have an “Attitude of Gratitude” and let those around you know how much you appreciate the things they are doing. Once again, thank you for being such wonderful friends and for what you mean to me in my life. I know I don’t say it often enough, I love you and am thankful to have each of you are a part of my life. Please forgive me for my faults and imperfections and know that I am always here for you in any situation. God bless each of you as you go through each and every day of life. Remember: The Lord Loves You & So Do I!

1 comment:
wow...a blog AND pictures! I love it. I hope you know how grateful we are for you too. love ya!
Post a Comment